Derma Sciences MEDIHONEY® Calcium Alginate Dressing
- 95% Active Leptospermum Honey content
- As the dressing absorbs the wound fluid, honey is released and a gel is formed.
- High osmolarity and low pH (3.5 - 4.5) help manage the wound environment.
- For superficial or partial wound depths and full wound depths, can be used as primary dressing for moderate-heavy and extremely heavy exudate levels (click here for more information).
Containing Active Leptospermum Honey from New Zealand, these dressings possess unique qualities that make them ideal for the management of chronic and acute wounds and burns. A strong and growing evidence base – including several large scale randomized controlled studies – shows that MEDIHONEY® dressings are effective on hard-to-heal wounds and burns, in addition to helping to debride wounds and keeping wound beds clean of necrotic tissue. MEDIHONEY® dressings are able to work in the presence of wound fluid, blood, and tissue, thus promoting an optimal healing environment. Clinicians have successfully used MEDIHONEY® on a variety of wounds, and in a variety of settings. Additionally, MEDIHONEY® has been used successfully along with other advanced wound care modalities, including being used before, during, and after negative pressure applications, as well as being used as cover dressings for skin grafts and skin substitutes. The line consists of patented dressings that help to keep large amounts of honey at the site of the wound, even in the presence of large amounts of wound fluid. For the management of wounds such as
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Venous stasis leg ulcers
- Arterial leg ulcers
- Leg ulcers of mixed etiology
- Pressure ulcers (I - IV)
- 1st and 2nd degree burns
- Donor sites
- Traumatic and surgical wounds
Can be used in all stages of wound healing and as an important component of wound bed preparation. As such, placing these dressings as the cornerstones of a wound care formulary can reduce much of the guesswork associated with wound management.
to get more information about this product.Related products
: MEDIHONEY Dressing - Paste
; Adhesive MEDIHONEY Honeycolloid Dressing
; Non-Adhesive MEDIHONEY Honeycolloid Dressing