Derma Sciences XTRASORB® Foam Dressing, Adhesive (by Integra)
XTRASORB® Foam Dressings represent the next generation of first-line moist wound dressing, handling fluid in innovative ways that promote positive outcomes for wound healing. This revolutionary foam dressing is not only super absorbent, it also locks the wound fluid inside the dressing and away from the wound and surrounding skin.
- Highly absorptive polyurethane foam as initial wound contact layer.
- Locks wound fluid at the back of the dressings keeps bacteria, proteases, and other harmful components of wound fluid away from the wound and surrounding tissue.
- When the super absorbent polymer sheet is hydrated with wound fluid, the resulting gel provides patients real cushioning and comfort when the dressing is placed on pressure points such as heels, elbows, and other pressure-sensitive areas.
- SAP layer acts as additional cushioning and redistributes pressure.
- Under compression, retains up to 90% or more of the fluid it has absorbed.
- Absorbs two to three times more than similar foam dressings.
- Fewer dressing changes.
- Used for moderately to heavily exuding wounds.
- Latex free
- Also available in Non-Adhesive.
: We offer several other wound care
from Derma Sciences.